Dear patients of Montrose Medical Practice,
We are pleased to inform you that Montrose Medical Practice will participate in a new initiative called MyMedicare from 1st October 2023. We would like to invite you to register us to be your preferred practice in MyMedicare to help us provide you with better care.
What is MyMedicare?
MyMedicare is a new voluntary patient registration model that will provide some extra Medicare benefits to all patients who have a Medicare Card or Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Veteran card. You will only receive these additional benefits by registering your preferred practice with Medicare.
The goal of MyMedicare is to strengthen the relationship you have with your preferred doctor and medical practice. Attending the same clinic and seeing the same GPs for your medical appointments will allow your chosen doctor to provide you with better ongoing care. You can still attend other clinics, however, you will receive some extra benefits at your chosen practice to deliver the care you need.
Benefits for patients
- You will have access to Medicare rebates for longer telephone consultations with your GP. This means you and your GP can have more in-depth conversations (over 20 minutes) about your health. Medicare will provide a larger rebate for these longer telehealth consults to help make it more affordable for you, but only at your registered clinic.
- Your chosen practice and GP will appear on your My Health Record to ensure all health professionals you see – for example, at a public hospital – will know who to talk to about your regular care.
- Connections to more appropriate continuity of care in general practice for people visit hospital frequently, from mid-2024.
- Further registration benefits for patients will continue to be added over time as part of the Australian Government’s commitment to strengthening Medicare.
Patients who have had two face-to-face consults with GPs in Montrose Medical in the past 24 months can register for MyMedicare.
What About Children?
Parents/guardians and children can be registered individually at the same practice. A parent/guardian must register a child under 14 years and provide consent on their behalf. Young people aged 14 to 17 years can register and provide consent without a parent/guardian.
How Do I Join?
Do I Have to Commit to My Decision?
- Simply access your Medicare Online Account or Express Plus Medicare mobile app. Register Now.
- Fill out a paper form at the practice. Please note that by signing the form, you are giving consent to participate in MyMedicare. Practice staff will then complete the registration in the MyMedicare system.
You can change your preferred GP within your registered practice or register with a different practice if you meet the eligibility requirements and the practice is also registered. You can also choose to withdraw from MyMedicare at any time.
Please see information for MyMedicare patients
. Thank you for choosing Montrose Medical Practice as your preferred practice.
Montrose Medical Practice